Monday, October 4, 2010

Telling You About an Amusing and Useful Catholic Book

Dear Communion of Saints: Amusingly apt advice for foolish Christians by The Ironic Catholic (Yeah, one with the blog.) is witty, clever, and full of Catholic teaching. She answers questions that concern modern Catholics the way the saints probably would, all the while keeping true to each saint's unique voice and style.

Job answers a question about why teeth are so poorly made. Saint Cecilia addresses the issue of playing a Lady Gaga song at a wedding. And Saint Faustina Kowalska takes on a question about Hell. The list goes on.

Like everything the Ironic Catholic writes this book succeeds in both amusing and teaching. I only hope she'll write a sequel.

I bought my e-copy at Smashwords for $1.99- Link Here. (There is also a link to lulu on the site where you can get it in print.) This is a bargain to be sure. I began reading the free sample and couldn't stop. I had to buy it right off so I could continue. It's the sort of book I'll go back to again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment