Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo and All Souls Day

(I edited to add this link: Tim Staples on death (Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, and fear of death) at Catholic.com Catholic Answers radio podcasted: http://www.catholic.com/radio/event.php?calendar=1&category=&event=5914&date=2009-10-16 )

Happy NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) and All Souls Day. Of course we had All Saints Day on the first of the month. I hope you had a nice one.

I'm participating in NaNo this year. (See my other blog.) I think having NaNo during the month of November colors my writing. I seem to have a lot of death in my novel and I find myself wanting to pattern some of the characters after saints. Here are saints whose feast days fall in November. But I know if I start reading about the lives of saints, I will not get my word count. If I begin researching anything I won't be writing. I'm good at that- reading and researching instead of writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment