Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Pro-Life Story

I got this little story off of facebook. I think it's a good illustration of the pro-life stance. Some might say it's simple- not addressing such issues like "the life of the mother" etc.
 
First of all, most abortions are not about the life or health of the mother. And most of the time she's not pregnant because she was raped.
 
Well, what if she were raped? Should we make two victims where we had one? Her baby wasn't the perpetrator of the crime any more than the wife battering husband's baby was the perpetrator of wife abuse and we wouldn't kill that child.
 
As for the life of the mother, we are not allowed to murder an innocent person, period. Now, certain procedures, such as removing the fallopian tubes in an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy, are morally acceptable because the procedure is not directly attacking the baby. The doctor is removing the infected tissue which, sadly, contains the baby. Please see this article at Catholic United for The Faith  or this one from EWTN written by Edwin F. Healy for more information on the ethics of treating ectopic and other non-viable pregnancies.
 
Oh, and one more thing- should you be in this unfortunate situation (as patient- tough spot because you may be unconscious-maybe a spouse?, doctor, or nurse) don't forget to baptise the baby. I know many nurses keep holy water just in case, but it doesn't have to be blessed to work. Anyway, the Healy article addresses this.
 
*As always, you can find the Rachel's Vineyard website link on my sidebar. They offer healing after abortion for both men and women. 
 
random pic of two of my girls having tea (has nothing to do with today's post)
 
 
Now, on to the little facebook story.
 
***
 
A worried woman went to her doctor and said:

'Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 year old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together.'

So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?'

She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your help with this.'

The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous for you too.'

She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request.

Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms. This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms.'

The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child!'

'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be OK with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution.'

The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point.

He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!

If you agree, please SHARE.

Together we can help save precious lives!

Love says, 'I sacrifice myself for the good of the other person.' Abortion says, 'I sacrifice the other person for the good of myself.'

By: Life is Dangerous: Let's Ban It
 
***
 
There you go.  I think this story makes a good point.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you.
    I like your blog, your girls are cute. Do you homeschool them?
    Lorraine in NY state

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lorraine! :) Nice to meet you too. Yeah, we homeschool. They're a bit older than they were in this pic, though. 5th grade now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are beautiful! They represent the right choice was made!

    ReplyDelete