Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Must See Movie This Weekend

Do you want to see a movie this weekend? A movie about a girl on a journey to find out who she is? A girl who learns she was adopted after a failed abortion?

Go see October Baby. It's coming to theaters this Friday and it sounds powerfully emotional and beautiful. I just watched the trailer and I'm excited about this movie.



Here's the synopsis from the website.

"You saw me before I was born." Psalm 139:16 (NLT)

As the curtain rises, Hannah hesitantly steps onto the stage for her theatrical debut in college. Yet before she can utter her first lines, Hannah—unscripted—collapses in front of the stunned audience.
After countless medical tests, all signs point to one underlying factor: Hannah's difficult birth. This revelation is nothing compared to what she then learns from her parents: she was actually adopted … after a failed abortion attempt.

Bewildered, angered, and confused, Hannah turns for support to Jason, her oldest friend. Encouraged by his adventurous spirit, Hannah joins his group of friends on a Spring Break road trip, embarking on a journey to discover her hidden past … and find hope for her unknown future.
In the midst of her incredible journey, Hannah finds that life can be so much more than what you have planned.

It's a good idea to see it on opening weekend because Hollywood pays attention to how many people see it on opening weekend.

10% of all gross ticket proceeds will go toward the Every Life Is Beautiful Fund, which will help support organizations helping women with crisis pregnancies, life-affirming adoption agencies, and those caring for orphans.

A tab at the website helps you locate a theater in your area where they're showing October Baby.

It's rated PG13, so it may not be for all of your kids, but consider showing it to your teens and tweens. Good life lessons in there. You don't often see pro-life movies. The Dove reviewed it and said it was okay for ages 12 and up. Go on their site and read their thoughts on that. Then, as always, use your own judgement. You know your kids and what they can handle.

3 comments:

  1. movie reviews are not very strong. I'm hesitant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really WANT to see this movie! Unfortunately, it's not playing Anywhere in NJ. Guess I'll have to wait for the video... so happy there is filmmaking like this though, bringing truth and beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no. I'm sorry to hear it go poor reviews. I wonder if it's just because it's not a huge Hollywood film. Hmm... I only heard about it because I get the Priests For Life email newsletter thingy. I hadn't read any reviews.

    Christine, thanks for stopping by. Welcome to my blog. :)Yeah, it's not playing many places. It's quite a drive for me, but I hope to get to the theater where it's playing. Otherwise, like you, I guess I'll wait for the video. I wish I could have gone opening weekend, but I didn't have that chunk of time.

    ReplyDelete