Thursday, November 29, 2012

St. Andrew Prayer



Somebody on a Catholic group I belong to posted this prayer I had never heard of it. I guess I've been busy since 1897 when the Archbishop gave it the Imprimatur. :)

It begins tomorrow (St. Andrew's feast day Nov. 30), so I need to do some prayerful thinking about my intention.

~~~~Saint Andrew Christmas Prayer~~~~~~~~~~~

Hail and blessed be the hour and moment
in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary,
at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold.
In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God!
to hear my prayer and grant my desires,
through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ,
and of His Blessed Mother.

Amen.

(It is piously believed that whoever recites the above prayer fifteen times a day
from the feast of St. Andrew, on November 30th, until Christmas will obtain what is asked.)

[Imprimatur: +MICHAEL AUGUSTINE, Archbishop of New York, New York, February 6, 1897.]

At Divine Mercy Gift Shop you can read about Saint Andrew and perhaps buy a booklet about him.

No comments:

Post a Comment