Sunday, December 23, 2012

Little Jewel Boxes Full of Fun Facts


Two little jewel boxes of interesting facts for this fourth Sunday of Advent.

The Madonna of Port Lligat by Salvador Dali
 
Salvador Dalí was raised atheist and embraced atheism much of his life. However, he finally realized, intellectually at least, that God must exist. “I believe in God but I have no faith. Mathematics and Science tell me that God must exist but I don’t believe it.” In 1949 he painted "The Madonna of Port Lligat" and asked Pope Pius XII for his approval. It was granted.

Jewel Box 1- Read more interesting tidbits here: "5 People It'sEasy to Forget Are Catholic"
 
12 Days of Christmas
 
We've all heard the carol "The Twelve Days of Christmas" (as well as various parodies), which leads one (such as I) to believe there really are twelve days of Christmas. In reality, the length of Christmas varies. It runs from the first evening prayer (Vespers) on Christmas Eve through the first Sunday after the Epiphany (on January 6th). Here I was thinking it only ran until Epiphany, and I didn't even bother to actually count the days. Doh!

Jewel Box 2- Learn more juicy facts at Jimmy Akin's blog here: "9Things You Need to Know About Christmas."

*Note: Links to image sources embedded in image captions.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment