Thursday, January 17, 2013

Divine Mercy, Dirty Windows, and Spelling

"My daughter, be diligent in writing down every sentence I tell you concerning My mercy, because this is meant for a great number of souls who will profit from it."

~These are words our Lord said to Saint Faustina.

My twin girls and I had the privilege of attending a talk by Joan and Dave Maroney, from the Divine Mercy Ministry. Here's a link to Joan and Dave's website. It was a program geared toward children, but I am certain the adults got much out of it as well. I know I did.

The visuals were stunning--a replica of the Shroud of Turin, slides (many of Saint Faustina), music, and of course a large copy of the Divine Mercy image. Here's the Shroud of Turin website.

I bought a copy of Saint Faustina's diary. Did you know that she wasn't such a good speller? Well, at least I have that quality in common with her. Now I need to acquire the actual saintly aspects.

Here you can see the Divine Mercy window sticker on my patio door. I took this at night from the outside, looking in. Seeing the evidence that I have a spotty window reminds me of something Father Robert Barron said on one of the Catholicism DVD episodes.

When you're driving away from the sun, you don't notice how dirty your window is. When you're driving toward the sun, every speck shows up. (I'm paraphrasing, but you get the point.) It's that way with Jesus. When we're striving to get close to him, we notice our sins more.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment